It's been a while, and here's the lowdown on what's going on in JoJo's world:
1. We're probably not moving to Seattle now. Brian has had a tough time getting any bites from all the resumes he had out there, and now we're expanding the job search to Austin. It's a bit more reasonable since we already have a house there and stuff. My roommate in Santa Fe said that lots of out-of-state companies don't really like to hire Texans because Texans always eventually want to go back to Texas. Since that had been our plan anyway, to move back to Austin, we figured we might as well stay here in Texas from the get-go. So now Brian is putting out resumes in Austin and getting excited about moving back there. I'm looking forward to decorating my own house, too, although I'll have to deal with some emotional anxieties/frustrations tied to Austin. So that's where we are with that.
2. My nephew Kaleb started school today, and his older brother Bubba started middle school. I hope everything goes well for them, and I hope that they never have to deal with the pains and problems associated with school and the meanies in kids. I pray for all of the kiddoes as they experience these new environments and trying times. I pray that they'll have nice teachers, people who understand and nurture without frustration or bitterness.
3. My next quarter doesn't start until the end of September, but I'm adding more and more books to my reading lists while I find more and more things to write about. In other words, in this off-time I have, the work is still going. I have a wish list on Amazon that's growing more and more . . . can't wait for that school loan money to come on in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment