Fall brings cloudy days, rain (two of my favorite things), cool weather, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and football season!

Today, September 5, I woke up to the windows open in the house because of the cool, cloudy morning air. It's the first day of college football, and I hope my Red Raiders play another awesome season. Even if they don't, it's gonna be a great time. Too bad we won't be in Lubbock to participate in tailgates and all, but we're looking forward to hosting college gameday parties here at our house. I found this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0027G4PX8/ref=asc_df_B0027G4PX8860563?smid=AQVR0VP3LBZAM&tag=dealtmp375736-20&linkCode=asn online, and I hope to purchase it soon so I can make Red Raider cakes for game days. I wish it were still the days when we wore cardigan football sweaters and stuff (back in junior high, I had the most awesome red cardigan with black and white plaid lining), but it's impossible to dress for football weather in Texas.
We decided to make Willie's birthday the same as mine, and we got him a chewy bone that's supposed to help his breath, thinking that he'd chew it over the whole weekend. He's already chewed it all up, so we'll have to get him something else for his actual birthday.
Some day, I hope to be the proud owner of these for football season:

For now, I'm getting breakfast in bed and a nice stroll down South Congress for the day with a stop in at the Big Top Candy Shop. Yahoo for fall!




No comments:
Post a Comment