Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Halloweenie

The day before Halloweenie, we went over to our neighbors' house for a pumpkin-carving party-slash-scary movie night. These are our pumpkins. Patrick's is on the far left; his was a scary monster peeking out of the blinds. Jennifer's is next; hers was the character from Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. Mine's next; I always do a stencil-free witch. And then Brian did the stencil of a monster.

I dressed up as a pirate since I still had all the stuff from last year's Halloweenie-slash-tailgate versus the poophorns-slash-Mike Leach's pirates/Red Raiders.
Willie was really not interested in dressing up or taking pictures. His buddy, Silly Willy, was a good sport. He's the monkey nestled in between us. Yes, he's a pirate monkey.

And, yes, Silly Willy's shirt matches my skirt.
Brian wore this mask and stood behind me while I gave out candy. Sometimes the kids would freak out, but mostly they didn't notice.
It was really fun the day of Halloweenie because the neighbors on either side of us got really into decorating. We had all the stuff left over from the tailgate from the previous year, so all we did was hang all that up. The neighbors to our right did a GREAT job, with a projected show and sound effects in their second story window and everything. Patrick and Jennifer, our neighbors to the left, vowed to get more stuff to beat us next year.

Willie watching the decorating festivities from inside the house. That's his favorite window and ledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment