We went to the Austin zoo, which is really an animal sanctuary. They had massive tortoises there, and this particular geezer came running, yes, running, up to us when we walked up to the fence. It was crazy.

These lions were not very happy with us for whatever reason. If you watch the video at the end of this post, you'll see that the dude one would've attacked us had there not been a fence. That's why we look so nervous to take the picture with them.
It is with great pain that I include this picture in this Red Raiders-only blog. Bubba is a fan of the texas longhorns, and only because I love him did I even take the picture, much less put it on here. Good ol' Bubba!
Bubba's always wanted to do a picture where he's leaning against a building, and after thirty tries, we finally got it.
So here's the infamous video of the lion almost attacking us. In the end, you can hear some man who witnessed the whole thing say, "Now that lion either doesn't like longhorns or doesn't like yellow!" I was wearing a bright yellow rain jacket, and Bubba, of course, had on his Longhorns shirt. It was pretty amazing. The whole reason we were videotaping is because when we walked up, the lions were roaring. One lion on this side was roaring from back in the depths, and the lion on the other side of the fence was answering back. Bubba learned on Animal Planet that that's how they claim their territory. I think they might have been saying, "Fresh meat!"
Bubba had such a good time in Austin, and I was so happy to have him here with us. Hopefully, he'll get to come back and spend some time here again. You're welcome any time, Bubba!












yikes- that is crazy!
ReplyDelete