Yahoo for the Fourth of July! This is one of my favorite holidays for various reasons:
--My oldest brother Tony has always loved the 4th of July, and he used to always take me to see the fireworks and pop firecrackers after. We used to go to Texas Water Rampage and tune in the radio to 94.5 FMX to hear the rockin' accompaniment to the show. Then we graduated to going out to the Blue Bell warehouse to watch all the shows around us, the one at Mackenzie Park, Idalou, etc. It's always such a great time with all of my family running from firecrackers and popping and hooting and hollering.
--My dad used to take me to the parade in the morning, and we'd watch all the floats go through then go cruising home in the Mustang. I started taking my nephews when I got older, and now it's a bit of a tradition to get out there and hang around. The street fair is pretty fun, too, with all those food booths and stuff. Last year, I almost didn't get to go because of work. But Tony arranged for the Blue Bell drivers to stock their stores that morning so I could still go to the parade.
--My mom has always gone with us to the parades and to watch the fireworks show at night. She's the one who's very patriotic, and I've learned to be proud to be an American because of her.
This year, we're in charge of a fireworks stand! Brian and I applied for the job, and we got it. We're gonna be selling fireworks for a week, and we're super excited about it. So if you're in Lubbock and gonna be popping fireworks, come buy from us. We're the Alamo fireworks stand on 82nd and the Interstate!
God Bless America!
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment