Thursday, June 19, 2008
Just some thoughts on the Awesomeness of the Lord
For several years now, ever since I started going back to church, I've noticed that the Lord works in not-so-mysterious ways, too. I'll have questions that pop up in my head throughout the week, not soul-searching questions or deep doubts or anything like that, just simple questions that I wonder about. For example, I'm reading "The Inferno" of Dante's Divine Comedy right now. In "The Inferno," Dante the Pilgrim is led through the levels of Hell, and he sees the different sins that chain the sinners to the different levels. In the rim, or purgatorio, are the "great thinkers," the ones who were without sin (as much as a human can be without sin) but didn't know Jesus because they lived before Jesus came to Earth to spread the word. Well, I'm not especially knowledgable of these particular thoughts. I used to study the Revelations when I was in junior high (not exactly "cool" table talk during lunch with my so-called friends), and I didn't really remember how it all worked for people who'd died before Jesus. And I had questions about this so-called limbo land. Anyway, my point is, I went to church this past Sunday, and the preacher was preaching about the ideas behind baptism, and he kind of went off on a tangent about the non-existence of purgatory and limbo and all that. He literally talked about every single question I had. Then he apologized for getting off the subject. But I saw the Lord working up there. It's just great how little ol' me can have these simple ol' questions, and then they'll be answered. It used to happen at my old church in Waco, too, so I know it's not just the preacher. The Lord listens. He listens and answers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment