Belle Belle, Kaleb, and Mom
Belle Belle
Jonathan, Belle, Matt, Andrew, Kaleb, Bubba
Belle Belle and KK
Texas Tech tailgates
TTU tailgating
me and Mom tailgating
me and Andy tailgating
Brian tailgating
Jonathan and my mom
Kaleb and Mom
kitty (Mister)
Dad and Belle Belle
Belle Belle and Dianne
Bubba and Matt
Andy and Auri (Belle Belle)
Kaleb and Tony
my daddy
Tony
Matt
Belle Belle and KK
Chita, Jaydon, Belle, Jaylynn, Bubba, K, Andrew, Matt
Kaleb
Andrew (game face)
Jonathan and Matt
Matt, Yaya, Bubba, Andrew, and Dad
Bubba
Mom and Dadmy church
Lubbock sunsets
Lubbock sunsets
hanging out in the backyard with the family
hanging out in the front yard with the familywest Texas conservatism
Texas Tech football
working for Blue Bell ice cream
the easy grid of Lubbock streets
Lubbock rain (I'm sure Seattle's is fine and dandy, but Lubbock has big ol' fat rain with thunder and lightning and all)
I'm gonna stop now before I talk myself out of leaving!
Texas Tech football
working for Blue Bell ice cream
the easy grid of Lubbock streets
Lubbock rain (I'm sure Seattle's is fine and dandy, but Lubbock has big ol' fat rain with thunder and lightning and all)
I'm gonna stop now before I talk myself out of leaving!




Jo Anna! So you're in Seattle right now? Have you moved, or you're just there for the first session of school? Tonight I'll email you the phone numbers of my brother and sister out there. I'm so excited to hear more about your program! In the meantime, here's a short list of things to (hopefully) counteract your homesick, at least a little:
ReplyDelete1. In Seattle, you can go whale watching in the bay on really great boats. In Lubbock, there are no boats. There are only our cars, which turn into boats when the city floods.
2. In Seattle, you have a Strand bookstore. In Lubbock, you have B&N, and it doesn't even have an upstairs!
3. In Seattle, you have the Boeing plant to tour (which you and Brian would probably dig). In Lubbock, you have the Buddy Holly Museum.
4. In Seattle, you can eat all sorts of fabulous fish. In Lubbock, well, you have to wonder how much time the fish spent on a plane before it arrived.
5. In Seattle, you'll have really cool professors. In Lubbock, you have icky-what's-her-face.
Oh! And I don't know where the Mars Hill Church is, but you might try it. I've heard good things about it.
Take Care!