Thursday, June 18, 2009

Kaleb

The last week that we lived in Lubbock, I picked Kaleb up from school every day so I could spend some time with him. We had lots of fun hanging out. The first day I picked him up, he had a certificate for a free shaved ice from Bahama Buck's. He wanted half blue and half red with a cherry on top. I totally didn't know what exactly that was, but the guy and I figured it out.

Here is Kaleb with the little umbrella on top of his head.

After we went to Bahama Buck's the first day, we had to go back every day the rest of the week. One day, I was wearing my Dublin Dr. Pepper shirt, and the guy behind the counter offered to give me and Kaleb all sorts of free things (shirts, bumper stickers, straws) if I'd let him have my shirt. He said he absolutely loved Dr. Pepper, especially out of Dublin, and would kill to have my shirt. I told him I'd bring it back the next day, but we ended up going to the other Bahama Buck's on the other side of town, so I never got to give it to him.

One day I took Kaleb to the public library. He had a lot of fun playing there. It made my heart turn over a few times just watching him play.

He likes to pretend a lot for pictures. He's either dead or asleep here.
We also went to the park down the street from our house in Lubbock. Too bad I couldn't capture other pictures of our days together. One of the best scenes I have in my head is when we were in the backyard with Willie the White Lab. Kaleb would grab Willie's bone from him and run, and Willie would chase him. It was the best thing ever to see Kaleb's little legs going so fast, his little jeans almost falling off of him. But here are a couple of pictures to help you get the idea of Kaleb and his schoolboy outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment